duration 1.15 min / November / 2008
"Sad and depressed; ORIGIN late Middle English (also in the sense [overthrow, abase, degrade] ): from Latin deject- ‘thrown down,’ from the verb deicere, from de- ‘down’ + jacere ‘to throw.’ Oxford American Dictionary
Selected for the exhibition program "Human Emotion Project 2009" curated by South African artist Alison Williams.
Selected for Videochannel 2009 by Wilfried Agricola de Cologne to for upcoming screenings 09.
Anders is an artist and filmmaker working in video, sound, new media and installations and he is primarily concerned with identity. The human body lies at the root of projects that formally and conceptually chart identity and its construction as a preamble to broaching matters of violence, genders, memory, loss or ideology in which personal experiences co-exists with references to popular culture, the media and consumerism. Specializing in digital technologies, he aims to mix genres and ways of expression to explore the potential of audio visual media.
Currently based Malmö in the south of Sweden and has exhibited at numerous art festivals, galleries, and museums internationally, including:
Cape 09 Art Biennale, 2009, Cape Town, South Africa; Biennale of Sydney 2008, Sydney, Australia; Transmediale08, Berlin, Germany; File Brazil 07-08, São Paulo, Brazil; [10th] Japan Media Arts Festival, Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography, Tokyo, Japan;
13th Barcelona International Festival of Advanced Music and Multimedia Art, Sonar, Barcelona, Spain; Scope New York, US; Museum of Contemporary Art (MAC), Santa Fe, Argentina; Pocket Films in Paris, Centre Pompidou, Paris; The 2nd Art and Science International Exhibition and Symposium, Beijing, China; etc.
- December 14-23: HEP2009, Video Dia Loghi at Velan, Center for Contemporary Art in Torino, Italy.
- November 6: Act Art 7, Children of the Damned, Hidden, London, UK.
- November: Pantheon International Xperimental Film and Animation Festival 0.9.
- October 29-31: Optica Festival Gijón, Spain.
- October 16-21: 18. dokument ART,European Filmfestival Neubrandenburg/Szczecin, Poland.
- October 11: Thessaloníki Short Film Festival, Thessaloníki, Greece.
- September 24-26: namaTRE.ba, Town Theatre, Trebinje, Bosnia & Herzegovina.
- September 24-26: Optica Festival Paris, Colegio Español, Paris, France.
- September 10-13: Optica Festival Córdoba, Filmoteca de Andalucía, Córdoba, Spain.
- August 29: Visual Deflections, Corbet Place, London, UK.
- August 20: Zero09, Galapagos Art Space, Brooklyn, NY, USA.
- August 21-23: One Minute Film & Video Festival Aarau, Aarau, Switzerland.
- August 1: Sguardi Sonori 2009 ::: festival of media and time based art, Villa d’Este Tivoli, Rome, Italy.
- July 31- August 2: Yoveo International Video Festival, CVS Cultural Center, New York, US.
- July 7-11: P’Silo / Festival Images Contre Nature, Lices 12 rue des Lices, Marseilles, France.
- June 18-21: Performance Intermedia Festival, National Museum, Szczecin, Poland.
- May 21-31: Room Service Design, LOOP Video Art Festival, Barcelona.
- May 17-24: 7th International Film Festival Yerewan, Armenian Center for Contemporary Experimental Art, Yerewan, Armenia.
- April 24: Derapage 9, Centre de Design de l'UQAM, Montreal, Canada.
- April 17-25: HEP2009 "LaSala" in Cigunuela, Spain.
- March 14: HEP 2009, Brancaleone Club, Rome, Italy.
- February 25 Feb - 8 March: HEP 2009, Guilford Lane Gallery, Melbourne, Australia.”
site de l’artiste / artist’s website: http://www.andersweberg.com/
une contribution de Chloe Dragna:
La Vidéothèque, correspondante generic.
liens / links: